APS is focused on ensuring safe and productive meetings for all participants. Consistent with updated CDC guidance and on the advice of our public health consultants, we are shifting our focus from APS mandates to personal responsibility. APS will no longer be verifying vaccination status or test results; rather, we expect that all attendees will obtain a negative COVID test before the meeting and monitor their personal health during the event. If an attendee does not feel well for any reason or tests positive for COVID-19, it is their responsibility to stay away from all in-person proceedings.
The most effective way to reduce the risk of getting and spreading COVID-19 at an APS meeting is to follow a multi-layered health and safety approach. Below are best practices that we strongly recommend for all in-person attendees:
- Being vaccinated and having had all available boosters
- Taking an at-home antigen test no more than 24 hours prior to arriving at a meeting or a PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to arriving at the meeting
- Wearing a well-fitting mask during meeting activities
- While masking is not required at this time, we will be tracking local infection rates. APS reserves the right to mandate masking when the CDC transmission rate is “high” in the county where a meeting is being held. CDC Country Transmission Level Guidance
- Physical distancing from others when possible
- Practicing good hygiene and hand washing
For Recent COVID-19 Infections:
- Before attending an APS meeting in person, we ask that you follow the CDC guidelines for ending isolation:
- Isolate for at least five days after first symptom onset or positive COVID-19 test
- If you had a mild illness: can end isolation after five days if you are fever-free for 24 hours and your symptoms are improving
- If you had a moderate illness (experienced shortness of breath or difficulty breathing): can end isolation after 10 days
- If you had a severe illness (were hospitalized): can end isolation after 10 days
- Regardless of illness severity, wear a well-fitting mask for at least 10 days after symptom onset or a positive COVID-19 test
- Take an at-home or pharmacy supervised antigen test (not a PCR test) prior to meeting entry, as you may continue to test positive on a PCR test for several weeks after recovery
COVID-19 Resources for Attendees:
- There will no longer be testing available on site. We will have a limited number of self-tests available, but attendees are encouraged to bring their own tests.
- A supply of masks will also be on hand, but we similarly encourage attendees to pack their own well-fitting masks.
- Sanitizing stations will be available throughout meeting locations and cleaning of shared surfaces will be conducted at regular intervals.
- If you have any questions regarding COVID-19 protocols, please email email@example.com and we will respond or connect you with the appropriate resource.