Future of Physics Days Travel Grants
Future of Physics Days (FPD) travel grants are for undergraduate students that are presenting research at the APS March or April meeting. Awards are granted on a first come, first served basis.
How to Apply
- Join APS
If you are not already a member. Undergraduate membership is free for the first year.
- Submit Your Abstract
Your abstract should describe your research and include funding information and co-authors.
March Meeting Abstract Submission (Closed)
April Meeting Abstract Submission (Post-deadline only)
- Register for the Meeting
All applicants must be registered for the meeting and will need to submit their meeting registration number to apply.
March Meeting Registration
April Meeting Registration
- Complete Application Form
Please have your APS Member ID, LOG# of your submitted abstract, and your meeting registration number handy. After you submit the application, you will receive additional instructions on how to complete your application.
March Meeting Travel Grants 2016 - Waitlist only
April Meeting Travel Grants 2016 - Waitlist only
- Submit Statements and Report
You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received, along with further instructions, including information on submitting your statements and report, which are described below.
- A statement of need stating the award funding will be applied to costs associated with attending the meeting, signed by your research mentor
- A statement of matching stating the $500 APS award will be matched by your department, signed by your department chair
- After the meeting, a brief report describing your current research, your experience at the meeting, and future goals
Email your completed statements to Crystal Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the travel grant application deadline.
Once all of the above paperwork has been received, a $500 check will be mailed to you, or given to you at the meeting.
Email Crystal Bailey (email@example.com).