Future of Physics Days Travel Grants
Future of Physics Days (FPD) travel grants are for undergraduate students who are presenting research at the APS March or April meetings. Please note, application guidelines and requirements have changed for the 2018 travel awards.
- Applicants must be members of APS — student membership is free for the first year.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract to the meeting.
- Applicants must be registered for the meeting.
- $500 in travel funds, to be matched by the student’s department.
- NEW this year: Only one travel grant per faculty advisor will be awarded.
- A limited number of awards are available and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Award checks will be disbursed to students upon receipt of meeting report, either at the meeting or mailed afterwards.
How to Apply
- Submit your abstract for the APS March or April Meeting.
- Register for the meeting.
- Complete the application form — applications open in November for March awards and in January for April awards:
- You’ll need your APS member ID, the log # of your submitted abstract, and your meeting registration number to complete the application form.
- Submit letters of support within 10 business days of completing the application form.
Email the following letters to Leslie Ann Rennie, email@example.com:
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s research advisor or faculty supervisor.
- A letter of support from the student’s department chair, stating that the $500 APS award will be matched by the department.
- Please note, your application will not be considered complete until both letters of support have been received.
- After the meeting, submit your meeting report:
- A brief 1-page report describing your research, experience at the meeting, and future goals.
Email Cortney Bougher, firstname.lastname@example.org