Donate to APS
In its second century of service, the American Physical Society (APS) continues to promote the advancement and diffusion of the knowledge of physics. APS achieves its mission by publishing research journals; organizing scientific meetings; implementing education, public affairs and outreach programs; and recognizing outstanding research and societal accomplishments through prizes and awards.
Funding for these activities depends in large part on the donations of individual, corporate, foundation and governmental benefactors. Members and other supporters of APS contribute to its programs and prizes because they share APS’ goals and aspirations.
To ensure that supporters have full confidence in the Society’s utilization of donations to advance its mission, APS has adopted A Donor Bill of Rights developed by and shared with permission from the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
APS Programs Needing Support
Find out more about the programs that benefit from donor support:
General Program Support (Unrestricted)
Unrestricted gifts provide support where need is greatest in five programs areas:
Education & Diversity
Improve science education and physics opportunities for all.
- Increase the numbers and improve the science preparation of physics teachers
- Support minorities pursuing graduate and undergraduate degrees in physics
- Sponsor New Faculty Workshops and Conferences for Undergraduate Women in Physics
Foster international communication and collaboration between physicists.
- Develop professor and student exchange programs
- Promote human rights for scientists
- Support science diplomacy projects and assist with U.S. visa policies
- Offer training and research travel awards for developing country scientists
Engage people of all ages in the wonders of physics.
- Develop and distribute PhysicsQuest kits to middle-school classrooms
- Support the dynamic PhysicsCentral website for the general public
- Provide mini-grants to fund innovative outreach programs
Shape national science policy and foster science communication.
- Increase public understanding of the benefits of science to everyday life
- Advocate for robust government support for physics research and education
- Bring scientific expertise to bear on important policy issues
Prizes & Awards
Recognize outstanding achievements in research, education and public service.
Questions Regarding Donations?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 209-3223.