New APS Mid-Atlantic Section to Meet at Penn State
July 30, 2014
The newest regional section of APS will have its inaugural meeting in October.
Pennsylvania State University will host the first meeting of the newly-formed Mid-Atlantic Section of APS, on October 3 - 5, 2014.
In addition to plenary lectures by renowned physicists, including Nobel laureate William Phillips of NIST, there will be invited/contributed sessions on all areas of physics research and education.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is August 29, 2014. To submit an abstract, please visit the Mid-Atlantic Section meeting website.Activities at the meeting include:
- Workshop on teaching undergraduate physics courses, led by Carolyn Sealfon, Princeton University
- Career session for graduate and undergraduate students, led by Crystal Bailey, APS
- Graduate school fair
- After-banquet talk by Dan Vergano from National Geographic
- Tours of labs, research facilities, learning facilities and astronomical viewing
- Access to museums such as the Earth and Mineral Sciences Museum and Art Gallery, the Penn State All Sports Museum, and the Discovery Space of Central PA
The deadline for registration is September 12, 2014. For more information or to register for the meeting, visit the Mid-Atlantic Section meeting website.