APS publishes leading international physics research journals, including Physical Review Letters, Reviews of Modern Physics, and the Physical Review series. The Physical Review Online Archive provides access to articles in these journals all the way back to the founding of The Physical Review in 1893.
Descriptions of APS Journals
Founding of Physical Review Journals
In the current issue of APS's monthly newspaper:
* APS Members Weigh in on Strategic Plan
* All-Electric Cars Need Battery Breakthrough
* Radio Telescope Boosts South Africa's Science Credentials
* Winning PhysicsQuest Class Helps Outwit Maxwell's Demon
* Top High School Students Prepare for Physics Competition in Estonia
* Dresselhaus Wins Kavli Nanoscience Prize
* Texas Physics Consortium Moves Ahead Slowly
Current APS News
PRX Journal Named Finalist
Physical Review X (PRX), APS's online-only, fully open access journal, was recently shortlisted by Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP) for Best New Journal.
PRX Award Finalist
Physics – All Articles Free
Spotlighting Exceptional Research
Each week Physics highlights a few papers from the family of Physical Review Journals, with expert-written commentaries (Viewpoints), editor highlights (Synopses) and news articles (Focus stories) that are accessible to an audience beyond professional physicists.
Current Highlights in Physics
Published by the American Institute of Physics for members of its 10 member societies, including APS, Physics Today keeps its readers informed about science and its place in the world with authoritative feature articles, news stories, and analyses, as well as by providing a lively forum for the exchange of ideas.