APS publishes leading international physics research journals, including Physical Review Letters, Reviews of Modern Physics, and the Physical Review series. The Physical Review Online Archive provides access to articles in these journals all the way back to the founding of The Physical Review in 1893.
Descriptions of APS Journals
Founding of Physical Review Journals
Highlights in the current issue:
• Funding Uncertainty Plagues Science as Sequestration Cuts Still Threaten
• APS Sponsors the Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics
• APS Membership Stands at 49,653; Students, Foreign Members Increase
• Beller, Marshak Lectures to Enhance March and April Meeting Programs
• APS Releases Colorful New Science App
• Ozel, Alexander Convey the Excitement of Physics
• Top Physics Newsmakers of 2012
Current APS News
PRX Journal is Open Access
Physical Review X (PRX), APS's newest highly selective peer-reviewed journal, is also fully online and completely open access.
Physical Review X Features
Physics – All Articles Free
Spotlighting Exceptional Research
Each week Physics highlights a few papers from the family of Physical Review Journals, with expert-written commentaries (Viewpoints), editor highlights (Synopses) and news articles (Focus stories) that are accessible to an audience beyond professional physicists.
Published by the American Institute of Physics for members of its 10 member societies, including APS, Physics Today keeps its readers informed about science and its place in the world with authoritative feature articles, news stories, and analyses, as well as by providing a lively forum for the exchange of ideas.