Meeting Child Care Grants
Applying for a Grant
The APS Committee on the Status of Women in Physics (CSWP) have small grants up to $400 available for meeting attendees who are bringing small children to a meeting or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home (i.e., extra daycare or babysitting services).
To apply, complete the online child care grant application for your Meeting by the noted deadline.
DAMOP Child Care Grant
Deadline: April 16, 2017
March Meeting Child Care Grant
Deadline: January 12, 2018
April Meeting Child Care Grant
Deadline: February 9, 2018
- Daycare expenses at the site of the meeting
- Extra daycare expenses at home incurred because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (for example, overtime at a daycare center, cost of a sitter, etc.)
- Expenses incurred in bringing a babysitter (or grandparent) to the meeting to care for the child.
- Mileage to and from the Meeting
- Tickets to local museums, amusement parks, etc.
If the number of requests for grants exceeds the funding, preference will be given to applicants in the early stages of their careers.
CSWP reserves the right to deny funds to applicants who misrepresent their funding needs.
Changes in Circumstances
If the need for your grant changes between when you applied and the date of the Meeting, you must notify CSWP to explain. You will be notified if your need is still eligible for funding.