Benefits of APS Membership
APS offers lots of reasons to join!
- Receive Physics Today, the monthly publication from the American Institute of Physics (AIP).
- Read APS News, eleven times per year from APS.
- Keep updated with Physics, APS's new online publication, providing thought provoking analysis and spotlights of exceptional research.
- Attend over 20 APS Meetings at reduced member rates for the latest in physics research.
- Receive APS Weekly NewsBrief, a free weekly service that includes links to current physics-related news articles from many mainstream media outlets
Help Create a Stronger Physics Community
- By adding your membership to the voice of 50,000 colleagues, APS can be an advocate for funding for research and science education, and provides scientific expertise on issues such as energy and the environment.
- Members and the community benefit from many education and diversity programs.
- APS informs the public about physics.
- For those interested in domestic policy, APS provides the unique opportunity of participating in special lobbying events on Capitol Hill.
Take Advantage of Networking Opportunities
- Use the online APS Membership Directory.
- Become active with APS Units.
- Attend APS Meetings.
- Serve on APS committees and volunteer for service with units.
Receive Professional Development and Recognition
- Attend and present papers at APS Meetings.
- Get access to career information at meetings, on the APS career website, and through APS News.
- Be recognized by colleagues and peers through APS Prizes, Awards and Fellowships.
- Opportunity to apply for a Congressional Science Fellowship
- Take advantage of benefits from reciprocal arrangements with other physics societies around the world.
Get Discounted Rates on Professional Journals
- Online-only access to APS journals is available to members for only $50 each. Members also receive discounts on PROLA (Physical Review Online Archive).
- Reduced rates on Article Packs.