Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
The American Physical Society Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications, or GMAG, represents one of the fastest-growing scientific sectors of the APS.
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $8 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- A convenient way to connect with other members of the magnetism community
- The GMAG Newsletter, distributed biannually
- The opportunity to shape the GMAG-sponsored sessions and symposia at the March Meeting, 80 sessions in all for 2016. The Magnetism sorting category received 921 abstracts, which is ~10% of all the abstracts submitted.
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
Nominations for the 2016 IUPAP Young Scientist Prize in the Field of Magnetism
Submit your nominations online by July 31, 2016.
2016 Revision to the Bylaws
The new bylaws have been approved by vote of the membership.
View New Bylaws
The February 2016 GMAG Newsletter Has Arrived
February 2016 Newsletter
GMAG sponsored a Best Student Presentation Award at the 2016 MMM/Intermag
Congratulations to the winner & finalists.
Student Presentation Awards
Congratulations to Our Newest APS Fellows
Upcoming MeetingsThe Magnetic Recording Conference (TMRC 2016)
August 17-19, 2016
APS April Meeting 2017
January 28-31, 2017
APS March Meeting 2017
March 13-17, 2017
Intermag Conference – Dublin, Ireland
April 24-28, 2017
62nd Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials – Pittsburgh
November 6-10, 2017