Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $8 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- A convenient way to connect with other members of the magnetism community
- The GMAG Newsletter, distributed biannually
- The opportunity to shape the GMAG-sponsored sessions and symposia at the March Meeting (75 sessions in 2015!)
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
Prof. Chia-Ling Chien of Johns Hopkins University wins the IUPAP Neel Medal for magnetism of 2015. The award will be presented at the upcoming 2015 International Conference in Magnetism in Barcelona.
See IUPAP's announcement
The 2015 IEEE Magnetics Distinguished Lecturers are announced
GMAG Executive Committee Elections
Elections for Vice Chair and two Members-at-Large will run from April 23 to May 21. Thanks to the outgoing Executive Committee members, including Past Chair Mark Stiles and Members-at-Large Chris Hammel and Yumi Ijiri, for their service.
GMAG-Sponsored APS Fellowship Nominations
The deadline to submit nominations is June 1.
GMAG will support the Student Presentation Awards at the 2016 Joint MMM/Intermag Conference in San Diego
View student presentation awards
GMAG Sessions at the APS March Meeting 2015
View meeting presentations
February 2015 Newsletter