Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
The American Physical Society Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications, or GMAG, represents one of the fastest-growing scientific sectors of the APS.
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $8 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- A convenient way to connect with other members of the magnetism community
- The GMAG Newsletter, distributed biannually
- The opportunity to shape the GMAG-sponsored sessions and symposia at the March Meeting, 80 sessions in all for 2016. The Magnetism sorting category received 921 abstracts, which is ~10% of all the abstracts submitted.
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
2016 Revision to the Bylaws
The new bylaws have been approved by vote of the membership.
View New Bylaws
Nomination for GMAG-sponsored APS Fellows
Submit your nominations online by June 1, 2016.
The February 2016 GMAG Newsletter Has Arrived
February 2016 Newsletter
GMAG sponsored a Best Student Presentation Award at the 2016 MMM/Intermag
Congratulations to the winner & finalists.
Student Presentation Awards
Congratulations to Our Newest APS Fellows
Upcoming MeetingsThe Magnetic Recording Conference (TMRC 2016)
August 17-19, 2016
61st Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials - New Orleans
October 31-November 4, 2016
APS April Meeting 2017
January 28-31, 2017
APS March Meeting 2017
March 13-17, 2017
Intermag Conference – Dublin, Ireland
April 24-28, 2017
62nd Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials – Pittsburgh
November 6-10, 2017