Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
The American Physical Society Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications, or GMAG, represents one of the fastest-growing scientific sectors of the APS.
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $10 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- A convenient way to connect with other members of the magnetism community
- The GMAG Newsletter, distributed biannually
- The opportunity to shape the GMAG-sponsored sessions and symposia at the March Meeting, 80 sessions in all for 2016. The Magnetism sorting category received 921 abstracts, which is ~10% of all the abstracts submitted.
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
The GMAG February 2017 Newsletter
The latest GMAG newsletter has been posted.
2017 Election Results
Congratulations to our newly elected officers: Vice Chair Eric Fullerton, Secretary/Treasurer Yumi Ijiri and Members-at-Large June Lau and Elke Arenholz. Their terms begin at the close of the Business Meeting.
Congratulations to Our Newest APS Fellows
Upcoming MeetingsIntermag Conference – Dublin, Ireland
April 24-28, 2017
23rd Soft Magnetic Materials Conference (SMM)
September 10-13, 2017
62nd Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials
November 6-10, 2017
APS March Meeting 2018
March 5-9, 2018
APS April Meeting 2018
April 14-17, 2018