Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
The American Physical Society Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications, or GMAG, represents one of the fastest-growing scientific sectors of the APS.
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $8 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- A convenient way to connect with other members of the magnetism community
- The GMAG Newsletter, distributed biannually
- The opportunity to shape the GMAG-sponsored sessions and symposia at the March Meeting, 80 sessions in all for 2016. The Magnetism sorting category received 921 abstracts, which is ~10% of all the abstracts submitted.
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
GMAG Sponsored the Student Presentation Awards at the 2016 MMM Conference
Congratulations to the winner and finalists.
The GMAG August 2016 Newsletter
The latest GMAG newsletter has been posted.
2016 Revision to the Bylaws
The new bylaws have been approved by vote of the membership.
View New Bylaws
Congratulations to Our Newest APS Fellows
Upcoming MeetingsAPS March Meeting 2017
March 13-17, 2017
Intermag Conference – Dublin, Ireland
April 24-28, 2017
62nd Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials
November 6-10, 2017
APS March Meeting 2018
March 5-9, 2018
APS April Meeting 2018
April 14-17, 2018