Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $8 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- The Quarterly GMAG Newsletter, with GMAG news including a magnetism science focus article;
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships;
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG;
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting;
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
GMAG Business Meeting
The annual GMAG business meeting will be held during the March Meeting as Session K15. It will be held at 5:45 PM on Tuesday, March 19 in Room 317 of the Baltimore Convention Center. Please join us to congratulate the new GMAG APS Fellows and student award winners.
The March GMAG Newsletter is now available online.
March Meeting 2013
The 2013 APS March Meeting will be held in Baltimore from March 18 – 22, and the deadline for abstract submission is Friday, November 9, 2012, at 5:00 PM EST. For general information about the meeting, please see the APS March Meeting website. The magnetism-related sessions at the March Meeting are organized around Focus Topics, and you are encouraged to submit an abstract to the most closely related focus topic whenever possible. For a list of Focus Topics and their descriptions, go to http://www.aps.org/meetings/march/scientific/categories.cfm. The magnetism-related Focus Topics are under Category 10.