Spring 2013 Newsletter
Paul J. Dolan, Jr., Editor
In this Issue
From the Chair, Renee Diehl
- “Interested in more than just Physics Education?” About the Society for College Science Teachers, Brian R. Shmaefsky
- “Some Reasons for Lack of Physics Achievement in Inner City Schools”, Stewart E. Brekke
- “Enhancing Your Local Section Meetings”, Joss Ives
- “An intermediate-level physics laboratory: A system of two coupled oscillators with low-cost accelerometers”, Mary Lamont and Minjoon Kouh
- “Einstein on Faster-Than-Light (FTL) particles?”, Robert Ehrlich
- “Service Learning in Introductory Astronomy and Physics”, Michael P Orleski
- “Preparing Physics Graduate Students for Careers in Industry”, Lawrence Woolf
- From the Editor of the Teacher Preparation Section, John Stewart
- “Towson University PhysTEC Project”, Cody Sandifer and Ronald Hermann
- “The PhysTEC Program at Virginia Tech”, John Simonetti
- “The CSUSM Learning Assistants Program”, Edward Price
Browsing the Journals, Carl Mungan.
Web Watch, Carl Mungan.
Disclaimer- The articles and opinion pieces found in this issue of the APS Forum on Education Newsletter are not peer refereed and represent solely the views of the authors and not necessarily the views of the APS.