Table of Contents
editor: Diandra Leslie-Pelecky
- Comments from the Chair
- Ruth Howes
- Book Review
- A Guide to Introductory Physics Teaching, Arnold B. Arons
- Randy Knight
- Profile of a Science Writer: Ivars Peterson
- From Comedy Writer to Science Teacher in 65
- Science and the Media
- Get Involved! Two-Year-Colleges for the 21st
- Mary Beth Monroe
- Sidebar: How You can Help
- Report on the Department Chairs' Conference on Graduate Education
- Browsing the Journals
- Tom Rossing
- Short News Items
We received a number of letters in response to Stan Jones' editorial
in the Spring FEd Newsletter (which was reprinted in the June issue of
APS News). Due to space limits, two representative letters were chosen
for this issue.
- Are Students Willing to Work?
- Paul Cottle, Florida State Univ.
- Must We Dilute the College Experience?
- Harvey Kaplan, Syracuse Univ.
- Stan Jones Responds
- Stan Jones, Univ. of Alabama