Division of Laser Science
- Promotes laser science interests within the APS and represents such interests with other societies.
- Sponsors the Laser Science (LS) Conference, the Annual Meeting of the Division of Laser Science, which includes the Symposium on Undergraduate Research, and cosponsors the CLEO Conference.
- Sponsors awards and educational programs, including APS Arthur L. Schawlow Prize in Laser Science, APS Fellowship, Distinguished Traveling Lecturer Program, New Laser Scientists Conference.
- DLS Student Travel Grant Program
- DLS Child Care Grant Program
- Carl E. Anderson Division of Laser Science Dissertation Award
Congratulations to Our Newest APS Fellows
Congratulations to New Prize & Award Recipients
2017 Arthur L. Schawlow Prize in Laser Science
Louis F. DiMauro, The Ohio State University
2016 Carl E. Anderson Division of Laser Science Dissertation Award
Mohammad Mirhosseini, California Institute of Technology
Upcoming MeetingsAPS April Meeting 2017
January 28-31, 2017
APS March Meeting 2017
March 13-17, 2017
Division of Laser Science (CLEO)
May 14-19, 2017
33rd Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Laser Science (Collocated with Frontiers in Optics)
September 17-21, 2017
The DLS March 2016 Newsletter is Available
Symposium on Undergraduate Research
A feature of the annual meeting of the Division of Laser Science of the American Physical Society (APS-DLS) for several years, the symposium has showcased the research work of well over 100 students during that time.