47th Regular DAMOP Meeting
May 23-27, 2016 • Providence, Rhode Island
A-V Information and Presentation Tips
Preparing for Your Presentation
Speaker tips and information
Ordering Extra Equipment
Email APS Meetings (email@example.com) to rent extra equipment.
Audio-Visual Hot Lines
Please check the information sheet at the front of each meeting room for the number to call for A-V assistance. A member of the Monona Terrace Convention Center A-V team will assist you.
Using Supplied Equipment
Speakers are not permitted to bring their own projection equipment for use at the meeting, but must bring their own laptop.
Renting Additional Equipment
Any additional A-V equipment must be rented by the speaker directly through APS Meetings (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can order equipment prior to the meeting by emailing email@example.com or by visiting the Audio-Visual Room during the meeting.
You are responsible for the cost of renting any additional A-V equipment.
Hyatt, Champaign Room
We encourage you to visit the Audio-Visual Room to test your presentation and get any A-V assistance you may need before your session.
|Audio-Visual Room Hours|
|Tuesday, June 9||7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, June 10||7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, June 11
||7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Friday, June 12||7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
Please bring your presentation on your own laptop computer. You should arrive before the session starts in order to turn on your laptop and to confirm that the video connection to the projector is working.
Provided Audio-Visual EquipmentThe standard A-V meeting package available in each session room includes:
- LCD projector
- Laser pointer
- Lapel microphone
Tips for Giving an LCD Projector Presentation
The responsibility for a smooth, technically trouble-free presentation ultimately rests with you, the presenter.
Session Time Table is Strictly Adhered To
The abstract presentation schedule is rigidly maintained. Connect your laptop to the LCD projector before your session so you do not waste time setting up.
APS is not responsible for the security of personal laptop computers and equipment.
- Bring your own laptop computer, power cord, and any proprietary cords required for your computer — particularly if you have a brand new computer. MAC users, please bring your own VGA Adapter.
- APS does not provide presentation software. Necessary software needs to be installed on your laptop.
- Arrive at your session room 10 minutes early to connect your laptop to the LCD projector. Leave your computer turned on and ready to go.
- Use the lapel microphone properly: place the microphone 6" below your chin. (Often, reported microphone "problems" are merely a matter of having the lapel microphone placed too close or too far from the speaker's mouth.)
- Stop speaking when the session Chair asks you to and remove your computer and equipment.
- When you leave the session, take your laptop, accessories, and papers with you.