Division of Laser Science
- Promotes laser science interests within the APS and represents such interests with other societies.
- Sponsors the Laser Science (LS) Conference, the Annual Meeting of the Division of Laser Science, which includes the Symposium on Undergraduate Research, and cosponsors the CLEO Conference.
- Sponsors awards and educational programs, including APS Arthur L. Schawlow Prize in Laser Science, APS Fellowship, Distinguished Traveling Lecturer Program, New Laser Scientists Conference.
- DLS Student Travel Grant Program
- DLS Child Care Grant Program
- Carl E. Anderson Division of Laser Science Dissertation Award
Congratulations to Our Newest APS Fellows
Congratulations to New Prize & Award Recipients
2015 Arthur L. Schawlow Prize in Laser Science
Christopher Monroe, University of Maryland
2014 Award for Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation in Laser Science
Ido Kaminer, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology
The Latest DLS Newsletter is Available
International Year of Light (IYL 2015)
The International Year of Light (IYL 2015) is a global initiative supported by UNESCO to raise awareness of the many contributions that optical technology has made to solve worldwide challenges in medicine, environment, information dissemination, education and knowledge. The APS and AIP are a founding sponsors of IYL 2015. The opening ceremonies were held in Paris on January 19th and 20th.
Symposium on Undergraduate ResearchA feature of the annual meeting of the Division of Laser Science of the American Physical Society (APS-DLS) for several years, the symposium has showcased the research work of well over 100 students during that time.