GIMS is able to provide a limited number of travel grants for students who are attending the March Meeting to present a paper in one of the GIMS sponsored sessions.
- Applicants must be an active student or postdoc at either an accredited degree granting institution or a government research laboratory.
- Applicant must be the first author of a paper in a GIMS sponsored session at the March Meeting.
- Applicants must be APS members.
- $500 in travel funds: this covers travel, accommodation, and food. Awards do not cover registration fees.
- Award selection(s) will be announced six weeks after the paper assignments to sessions have been made available to the GIMS Member-at-Large.
- Award selections will be made by the GIMS executive committee and will based on the quality of the paper and the applicant's CV and recommendation.
- Funds will be disbursed to awardees upon receipt of receipts and completed APS travel and expense report. Send receipts and report to Rachael Floyd, email@example.com.
- Funds will be disbursed directly to awardees by APS. Please allow 6 weeks after receipt of expense report.
How to Apply:
Submit the following application materials by February 13, 2018 to GIMS Member-at-large, Rachael Floyd, firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application letter including:
- Abstract, including title
- Log # and sorting category of submitted abstract
- Description of the applicant’s role(s) in the paper
- Applicant contact information including name, institution, address, phone, email
- Itemized estimate of expenses
- Applicant’s CV, this should include other publications
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s faculty advisor--may be sent separately from application materials
- Paper being presented. This may be only the abstract if that is all that is ready. However, a full paper provides better information upon which to base an award decision than an abstract alone
Email GIMS Member-at-large, Rachael Floyd, email@example.com