- American Physical Society Sites
- Meetings & Events
- Policy & Advocacy
- Careers In Physics
- About APS
- Become a Member
1. History of Land Mines:
2. US Department of State Milestones in Humanitarian Mine Action:
Development of the Landmine Threat and the Discipline of Humanitarian Mine
3. Latest issue of the Journal of Mine Action:
4. Cluster bomb information from the Federation of American Scientists Military Analysis Network:
5. Wikipedia on Cluster Bombs:
6. Human Rights Watch on Cluster Bombs
7. Department of State Compilation of Landmines http://www.state.gov/t/pm/rls/rpt/hk/2001/6961.htm
8. Electronic Mine Information Network
9. Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons
Physics Today article
"A look at Physics in Cuba", Angelo Baracca, Victor Fajer, and Carlos Rodriguez
Copyright 2006 American Institute of Physics. This article may be downloaded for personal use only. Any other use requires prior permission of the author and the American Institute of Physics.
ITER, " ...the experimental step between today’s studies of plasma physics and tomorrow's electricity-producing fusion power plants"
International Linear Collider (ILC)
Third Word Academy of Science
Newsletter of Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society, focusing on international issues and international activities of the Society.
The Knowledge Economy site of the Development Gateway. Includes interesting items on science and technology in developing nations.
Bookmarks by John Daly. Lots of links on science and technology for development, including major reports on the topic.
Newsletter of the American Chapter of the Indian Physics Association
Funding sources for international collaborations
CERN: The European Center for Nuclear Research
A communications resource from the world's particle physics laboratories.
News and information about the worlds light source facilities
ICTP: The Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy
IPhO: The International Physics Olympiads for students