- American Physical Society Sites
- Meetings & Events
- Policy & Advocacy
- Careers In Physics
- About APS
- Become a Member
July 9 - 16, 2011
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
The 8th International Workshop "Strong Microwaves and Terahertz Waves: Sources and Applications" will be held on July 9 ‑ 16, 2011, on a river cruise originating in Nizhny Novgorod and ending in Saint - Petersburg, Russia.
The Workshop will feature about 40 invited plenary (40 minutes) and topical (30 minutes) lectures, and about 80 original communications.
The plenary lectures will mostly be scheduled for morning sessions. The afternoon programme will consist of four strongly connected topical symposia running in parallel:
- Symposium S: High power microwave sources
- Symposium H: Current drive and plasma heating by microwaves in nuclear fusion devices
- Symposium T: Terahertz sources, diagnostics and nonlinear interactions
- Symposium A: High power microwave applications (including accelerators, radars, gas discharges, materials processing, biomedical applications etc.)
The official language of the Workshop is English.