FIU: NSF awards FIU $3 million for national pilot program to increase female physics majors
APS: American Physical Society Partners In $3 Million National Program To Increase Women Physics Majors
AAPT: NSF awards AAPT and partners $3 million for national pilot program to increase female physics majors
- Women in Physics: Why so few?
- Hazari, Z., Brewe, E., Goertzen, R. M., & Hodapp, T. (2017). The importance of high school physics teachers for female students’ physics identity and persistence. The Physics Teacher, 55(2), 96-99.
- Lock, R. M., & Hazari, Z. (2016). Discussing underrepresentation as a means to facilitating female students’ physics identity development. Physical Review Physics Education Research, 12(2), 020101.
- Hazari, Z., Cass, A.P., & Beattie, C. (2015). Obscuring Power Structures in the Physics Class: Linking Teacher Positioning, Student Engagement, and Physics Identity Development. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 52, 735–762.
- Lock, R., Hazari, Z., & Potvin, G. (2015). Determining strategies that predict physics identity: Emphasizing recognition and interest. PERC, College Park, MD.
- Potvin, G., Hazari, Z., & Lock, R. (2014). Exposure to underrepresentation discussion: The impacts on women's attitudes and identities. PERC, Minneapolis, MN.
- Hazari, Z., Potvin, G., Lock, R.M., Lung, F., Sonnert, G., & Sadler, P.M. (2013). Factors that affect the physical science career interest of female students: Testing five common hypotheses. Physical Review Special Topics - Physics Education Research, 9, 020115, 1-8.
- Hazari, Z., Sadler, P.M., & Sonnert, G. (2013). The Science Identity of College Students: A Gender and Race/Ethnicity Comparison. Journal of College Science Teaching, 42(5), 82-91.
- Potvin, G., & Hazari, Z. (2013). The development and measurement of identity across the physical sciences. Physics Education Research Conference (PERC), Portland, OR.
- Lock, R., Hazari, Z., & Potvin, G. (2012). Physics Career Intentions: The Effect of Physics Identity, Math Identity, and Gender. PERC, Philadelphia, PA.
- Hazari, Z., Sonnert, G., Sadler, P., & Shanahan, M.C. (2010). Connecting High School Physics Experiences, Outcome Expectations, Physics Identity, and Physics Career Choice: A Gender Study. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 47(8), 978-1003.