FIU: NSF awards FIU $3 million for national pilot program to increase female physics majors
APS: American Physical Society Partners In $3 Million National Program To Increase Women Physics Majors
AAPT: NSF awards AAPT and partners $3 million for national pilot program to increase female physics majors
- Examining physics identity development through two high school interventions
Hemeng Cheng, Geoff Potvin, Raina Khatri, Laird H. Kramer, Robynne M. Lock, and Zahra Hazari 2018 Physics Education Research Conference Proceedings, http://dx.doi.org/10.1119/perc.2018.pr.Cheng
- Towards Meaningful Physics Recognition: What does this recognition actually look like? Zahra Hazari and Cheryl Cass. The Physics Teacher 56, 442 (2018); https://doi.org/10.1119/1.5055325
- Women in Physics: Why so few?
- Towards Meaningful Physics Recognition: What does this recognition actually look like?
The Physics Teacher
- Hazari, Z., Brewe, E., Goertzen, R. M., & Hodapp, T. (2017). The importance of high school physics teachers for female students’ physics identity and persistence. The Physics Teacher, 55(2), 96-99.
- Lock, R. M., & Hazari, Z. (2016). Discussing underrepresentation as a means to facilitating female students’ physics identity development. Physical Review Physics Education Research, 12(2), 020101.
- Hazari, Z., Cass, A.P., & Beattie, C. (2015). Obscuring Power Structures in the Physics Class: Linking Teacher Positioning, Student Engagement, and Physics Identity Development. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 52, 735–762.
- Lock, R., Hazari, Z., & Potvin, G. (2015). Determining strategies that predict physics identity: Emphasizing recognition and interest. PERC, College Park, MD.
- Potvin, G., Hazari, Z., & Lock, R. (2014). Exposure to underrepresentation discussion: The impacts on women's attitudes and identities. PERC, Minneapolis, MN.
- Hazari, Z., Potvin, G., Lock, R.M., Lung, F., Sonnert, G., & Sadler, P.M. (2013). Factors that affect the physical science career interest of female students: Testing five common hypotheses. Physical Review Special Topics - Physics Education Research, 9, 020115, 1-8.
- Hazari, Z., Sadler, P.M., & Sonnert, G. (2013). The Science Identity of College Students: A Gender and Race/Ethnicity Comparison. Journal of College Science Teaching, 42(5), 82-91.
- Potvin, G., & Hazari, Z. (2013). The development and measurement of identity across the physical sciences. Physics Education Research Conference (PERC), Portland, OR.
- Lock, R., Hazari, Z., & Potvin, G. (2012). Physics Career Intentions: The Effect of Physics Identity, Math Identity, and Gender. PERC, Philadelphia, PA.
- Hazari, Z., Sonnert, G., Sadler, P., & Shanahan, M.C. (2010). Connecting High School Physics Experiences, Outcome Expectations, Physics Identity, and Physics Career Choice: A Gender Study. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 47(8), 978-1003.