Future of Physics Days (FPD) travel grants are for undergraduate students who are presenting research at the APS March or April meetings. Please note, application guidelines and requirements have changed for the 2018 travel awards.
- Applicants must be members of APS — student membership is free for the first year.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract to the meeting.
- Applicants must be registered for the meeting.
- $500 in travel funds, to be matched by the student’s department.
- NEW this year: Only one travel grant per faculty advisor will be awarded.
- A limited number of awards are available and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Award checks will be disbursed to students upon receipt of meeting report, either at the meeting or mailed afterwards.
How to Apply
- Submit your abstract for the APS March or April Meeting.
- Register for the meeting.
- Complete the application form.
- March Meeting 2018 Travel Grants: Applications now closed.
- April Meeting 2018 Travel Grants: Applications now closed.
- You’ll need the log # of your submitted abstract to apply.
- Submit the following supporting documentation within 10 business days of completing the application form:
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s research advisor or faculty supervisor, submitted via email to Cortney Bougher, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A letter of support from the student’s department chair, stating that the $500 APS award will be matched by the department, submitted via email to Cortney Bougher, email@example.com.
- A completed W-9 (U.S. Citizens) or W-8 (Non-U.S. Citizens) form, submitted via fax to (301) 209-3635 ATTN: Accounting - FPD Travel Grant or mail to
American Physical Society
Accounting - FPD Travel Grant
1 Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD 20740-3844
- After the meeting, submit your meeting report:
- A brief 1-page report describing your experience at the meeting.
Email Cortney Bougher, firstname.lastname@example.org