Future of Physics Days (FPD) travel grants are for undergraduate students who are presenting research at the Undergraduate Research Sessions during the APS March or April meetings.
Travel awards for the 2020 cycle will open after the March abstract submission deadline in October
- Applicants must be members of APS — student membership is free for the first year. Join APS
- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract to the meeting in the “Undergraduate Research (APS/SPS)” sorting category.
- Applicants must be registered for the meeting.
- Up to $500 in reimbursable travel funds (students attending a minority-serving institution are eligible for more funding)
- Only one travel grant per faculty advisor will be awarded
- Funds will be disbursed to students upon receipt of meeting report and completed travel form (with receipts)
How to Apply
- Submit your abstract for the APS March or April Meeting in the “Undergraduate Research (APS/SPS) sorting category”.
- Register for the meeting.
- Complete the application form (opens in October)
- You’ll need the log # of your submitted abstract to apply.
- A letter of recommendation from a research supervisor or university/college contact will be required to complete the application.
- After the meeting, submit your meeting report:
- A brief 1-page report describing your experience at the meeting.
Email Midhat Farooq, firstname.lastname@example.org