Future of Physics Days (FPD) travel grants are for undergraduate students who are presenting research at the APS March or April meetings. Please note, application guidelines and requirements have changed for the 2019 travel awards.
- Applicants must be members of APS — student membership is free for the first year. Join APS
- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract to the meeting.
- Applicants must be registered for the meeting.
- Up to $500 in reimbursable travel funds
- Only one travel grant per faculty advisor will be awarded
- Funds will be disbursed to students upon receipt of meeting report and completed travel form (with receipts)
How to Apply
- Submit your abstract for the APS March or April Meeting.
- Register for the meeting.
- Complete the application form.
- All March Meeting Travel Grants have been disbursed.
- All April Meeting Travel Grants have been dispursed.
- You’ll need the log # of your submitted abstract to apply.
- Submit letter of recommendation within 10 business days of completing the application form:
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the student's research advisor or faculty supervisor, via email to Crystal Bailey (email@example.com).
- After the meeting, submit your meeting report:
- A brief 1-page report describing your experience at the meeting.
Email Crystal Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org