- You must be a member of APS to submit an abstract to an APS meeting.
- Join APS.
- Your Membership ID number will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
- To submit an abstract before receiving your member number, enter "membership pending" in the abstract special instructions field.
- Membership will be verified after submission.
- NOTE: Plan ahead! The APS Membership Department will not issue Membership ID numbers during the week of abstract deadlines.
Submitting Your Abstract
APS reserves the right to reject or alter abstracts based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Abstracts do not comply with style guidelines, including excessive length (contributed abstract body text is limited to approximately 1300 characters)
- Abstracts contain inappropriate content
- Abstracts fall outside of the topical scope of the meeting
Tips for Writing an Abstract
APS Abstract Help Line
Contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 301-209-3290, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone), Monday - Friday. We are glad to help!