Tour of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, MDAugust 11, 2010
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
We have arranged for a tour of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD as our APS MASPG August event. Please note that NIST limits the tour to 22 attendees. Carpooling will be involved on the site and will be planned before the event.
A discussion of NIST may be found at its web site located at http://www.nist.gov/. Visitor information along with links to NIST directions may be found at http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/visitor/index.cfm.
From Northbound I-270, take Exit 10, Route 117 West, Clopper Road. At the first set of lights, bear right onto Clopper Road/ West Diamond Ave. At the next set of lights get into the left lane and turn onto NIST grounds and the entrance to the Visitor Center parking lot will be on your right.
From Soutbound I-270, take Exit 11, Route 124, Montgomery Village Avenue/Quince Orchard Road. Get into the left lane and make a left turn at the second set of lights onto Route 117, West Diamond Ave. Turn right at the first light onto the NIST grounds and the entrance to the Visitor Center parking lot will be on your right.
Registration: To begin the registration process, please send your name, address, phone number, email address and citizenship to John Albers, 6 Crown Court, Gaithersburg, MD 20878-1819 or send an email to email@example.com (NOTE -email highly preferred). If using e-mail please include NIST TOUR in the subject line.
- Registration is required. Make sure that you indicate your citizenship. Non US-citizens are welcome but will need to take care of additional documentation.
- You will need a current photo ID (preferably a current driver’s license).
- You will need your car registration to bring your vehicle onto the campus.
- Please arrive about 9:30 am in order to park and get visitor’s badge.
- Please respond before July 27, 2010. Information is needed for a list which is required by NIST two weeks in advance of the tour.
- Visit and browse through the website as there is lots of useful information there.
NIST safety requirements dictate that all visitors must wear long pants and closed toe shoes.