GSNP Grant for Conference/Workshop Support
The Topical Group on Statistical and Nonlinear Physics (GSNP) of the American Physical Society announces a new grant opportunity of up to $1500 per award to support travel costs of conference and workshop attendees. The individual who submits the grant application must be a primary organizer of the conference/workshop and a GSNP member. The due date for applications is Friday, February 27, 2015. Awards will be announced shortly after the March Meeting 2015. GSNP funding should be acknowledged on the conference/workshop website and speaker/participant invitations.The applications should not exceed 5 pages and include the following as a single .pdf file:
- Title, location, and dates of the meeting
- Contact information of the conference organizer submitting the application including address, email, and phone number.
- Names of co-organizers of the conference/workshop and their GSNP membership status
- List of conference/workshop topics
- List of invited speakers and their affiliations
- Recent meetings on similar subjects
- Proposed budget
- Statement of the need for conference/workshop support
- Describe benefits to GSNP
Email completed applications to email@example.com.