Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $8 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- A convenient way to connect with other members of the magnetism community
- The GMAG Newsletter, distributed biannually
- The opportunity to shape the GMAG-sponsored sessions and symposia at the March Meeting (75 sessions in 2015!)
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
GMAG Student Travel Award
Applications for the GMAG Student Travel Award for the upcoming APS March Meeting 2016 are due by 11:59 p.m. EST, December 4, 2015. Applicants should fill out the application form and e-mail it to GMAG Vice Chair Chris Leighton (email@example.com).
Download an application
March Meeting 2016
Details about the nomination, selection process and Focus Topic descriptions can be found in the latest GMAG Newsletter.
Latest GMAG Newsletter Is Here
August 2015 Newsletter
GMAG Election Results Are In!
Chris Leighton has been elected the new Vice Chair, while David Lederman and Ilya Krivorotov are the new Members-at-Large.
Prof. Chia-Ling Chien of Johns Hopkins University wins the IUPAP Neel Medal for magnetism of 2015. The award will be presented at the upcoming 2015 International Conference in Magnetism in Barcelona.
See IUPAP's announcement
The 2015 IEEE Magnetics Distinguished Lecturers Are Announced
GMAG Sessions at the APS March Meeting 2015
View meeting presentations