Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $8 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- The Quarterly GMAG Newsletter, with GMAG news including a magnetism science focus article;
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships;
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG;
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting;
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
GMAG Executive Committee Elections
Elections for Vice Chair and two Members-at-Large will run from April 23 to May 21. Thanks to the outgoing Executive Committee members, including Past Chair Mark Stiles and Members-at-Large Chris Hammel and Yumi Ijiri, for their service.
GMAG-Sponsored APS Fellowship Nominations
The deadline to submit nominations is June 1.
GMAG will support the Student Presentation Awards at the 2016 Joint MMM/Intermag Conference in San Diego
View student presentation awards
GMAG Sessions at the APS March Meeting 2015
View meeting presentations
February 2015 Newsletter