Topical Group on Magnetism and its Applications
Membership in GMAG — an annual investment of only $8 for APS members — not only helps you keep up with the fast-paced field of Magnetism but also provides the following features:
- A convenient way to connect with other members of the magnetism community
- The GMAG Newsletter, distributed biannually
- The opportunity to shape the GMAG-sponsored sessions and symposia at the March Meeting (75 sessions in 2015!)
- Access to GMAG-sponsored graduate student awards and sponsorships
- Potential to increase the number of invited talks on magnetism at the March Meeting
- Potential to increase the number of APS Fellows sponsored by GMAG
- The opportunity to help shape the future of Physics in the US by participating in GMAG-sponsored student outreach activities and Congressional visitations.
News & Announcements
Come to the GMAG Business Meeting!
Our Business Meeting will be Tuesday March 15th, 2016, 5:45pm-6:45pm, Session J15, Room 314 at the Baltimore Convention Center. Complimentary food & drink will be available.
2016 Election Results
Stephen Hill was elected as Vice Chair. Peter Fischer and Christian Binek were elected as Members-at-Large. Their term starts at the close of the GMAG Business Meeting in March. Thank you to all the candidates for running in the election.
GMAG sponsored a Best Student Presentation Award at the 2016 MMM/Intermag
Congratulations to the winner & finalists.
Student Presentation Awards
Latest GMAG Newsletter Is Here
August 2015 Newsletter
Prof. Chia-Ling Chien of Johns Hopkins University wins the IUPAP Neel Medal for magnetism of 2015. The award will be presented at the upcoming 2015 International Conference in Magnetism in Barcelona.
See IUPAP's announcement
The 2015 IEEE Magnetics Distinguished Lecturers Are Announced