66th Annual Gaseous Electronics Conference
September 30 - October 4, 2013 • Princeton, New Jersey
In order to recognize and encourage the important contribution students make to the Gaseous Electronics Conference, the GEC Executive Committee will recognize the best paper presented by a student with the:
GEC Student Award for Excellence
The GEC Executive Committee have reviewed the nominations for the Student Award for Excellence and finalists have been selected. Members of the GEC Community will serve as judges to determine the Award recipient. The judges’ decision will be based on the finalists' oral presentations, and will be announced at the GEC banquet. The Student Award for Excellence consists of a cash award, and a certificate to be presented at the GEC banquet.Finalists:
- Pragya Bhatt, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, “Kinetic Energy Release Distributions of the COq+2 and N2Oq+ (q≤3) Ions Under 10 keV Electron Impact”
- Michael Campanell, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory, USA, “Instability and Inversion of the Sheath Potential Caused by Electron Emission”
- Arthur Greb, York Plasma Institute, Department of Physics, University of York, York, “The role of surface properties in the dynamics of radio-frequency plasma sheaths: measurements and simulations”
- Francois Pechereau, Ecole Centrale Paris, France, “Simulation of the reignition of atmospheric pressure air discharges behind dielectric obstacles: comparison with experiments”
- Sachin Sharma, Missouri University of Science & Technology, USA, “Interference in Recoil-Ion Momentum Spectra for Ionization in p+ H2 collisions”
The GEC is committed to support student participation and offers monetary assistance to student attendees/presenters only.
The GEC Executive Committee have reviewed the nominations for student travel assistance and selected more than 40 students to be awarded travel assistance. Students receiving travel assistance are expected to attend the entire conference.
Supported students will receive copy of the hotel reservations and registration confirmation.