To advance the knowledge of physics and its diffusion by fostering cooperation and communication among physicists of all countries.
Goals, Strategies and Tactics
To achieve its mission, FIP:
- Organizes sessions at APS meetings addressing major scientific issues of international importance;
- Organizes, facilitates and supports projects and programs that foster international linkages;
- Communicates with its members via internet, a newsletter, and other media concerning major issues;
- Works to affect policies and procedures at the APS deemed favorable to APS members from foreign countries;
- Oversees the Wheatley Award and the award of APS fellowships in FIP.
From the Membership
We welcome and encourage contributions from you and will be happy to post items of potential interest. Send your message to Noemi Mirkin
This page is also intended to facilitate discussions of any topics of interest to members and friends of FIP. Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the APS, the FIP, or its elected officials. We are looking forward to your letter!
Chair: Edmond Berger
Newsletter Editor: Ernie Malamud