Canadian-American-Mexican Graduate Student Physics Conference
CAM is a bi-annual conference planned by and for graduate students to bring together students from the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
The first CAM meeting was held in 1994. It wasn't until 2003, that graduate students took an active role in organizing and planning the conference. Since then, the tradition has continued and CAM is hosted on a rotational basis in Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
September 9 - September 12, 2015
Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
CAM2015 Meeting Site
Registration & Abstract Submission
The deadline for registration & abstract submission has passed.Topics
- Applied physics and technology
- Astronomy, planetary sciences, astrophysics and cosmology
- Atomic, molecular and optical physics
- Biophysics and medical physics
- Condensed matter, solid state physics, superconductivity, and material sciences
- Geophysics and Earth sciences
- High energy, particles, fields, and nuclear physics
- Plasma physics, hydrodynamics, fluids and high-energy-density physics
- Quantum mechanics and quantum computation
- Statistical physics and thermodynamics
- History of physics
- Physics education and graduate education in physics
- The status of women and underrepresented minorities in physics
- Professional development and career planning
Hotel accommodation will be covered by the Sociedad Mexicana de Física (SMF) for many U.S. students, on the basis of shared rooms. Additional travel support will be provided to U.S. applicants thanks to a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF). Applicants seeking travel support must also send their CV, a letter with a budget estimate, and a Letter of Recommendation from their advisor to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not let a lack of personal funds prevent you from applying for this outstanding opportunity!
The event will be hosted in the Hotel Mision de los Angeles, Calzada Porfirio Diaz 102 Col. Reforma C.P. 68050, Oaxaca Oax., Mexico.
Hotel Information from TripAdvisor
SponsorsAmerican Physical Society
Canadian Association of Physicists
Sociedad Mexicana de Física
Please contact Michele Irwin at email@example.com for any information related to CAM Meetings.
Past CAM Meetings
CAM 2013: CAP hosted CAM 2013 in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada from August 15th to 18th.
CAM 2011: CAM 2011 was held in Washington, D.C. from September 29th to October 1st.
CAM 2009: It was held in Acapulco, Mexico from October 18th to 21st.
CAM 2007: CAP hosted CAM 2007 in Montréal from August 8th to 11th.
CAM 2005: It was hosted by APS in San Diego, from August 19th to 21st.
CAM 2003: SMF hosted CAM 2003 in Mérida, from October 24th to 26th.