Carl Mungan, firstname.lastname@example.org
• The useful EndNote biliographic software now has a web version of its service at https://www.myendnoteweb.com/EndNoteWeb.html.
• A successful Navy proof-of-concept demonstration of high-power lasers over a distance of miles at sea was recently reported at http://www.katu.com/news/national/119781989.html.
• A series of humorous but educational clips of physics concepts from the animated televison show “The Simpsons” are at http://www.lghs.net/ourpages/users/dburns/scienceonsimpsons/clips.html.
• Spectacular footage of optical projections onto the side of a public building in Portugal can be accessed at http://sorisomail.com/email/74120/mais-uma-projecao-3d-sensacional.html.
• A repository of photographs of the damaged Fukushima nuclear reactors is online at http://www.houseoffoust.com/fukushima/fukushima.html.
• The Annenberg Foundation has a set of 11 videos on modern physics produced at Harvard entitled “Physics for the 21st Century” that can be viewed at http://www.learner.org/resources/series213.html.
• Leo Takahashi has a useful tutorial on how to use PowerPoint to make physics animations, along with a number of examples, at http://www.personal.psu.edu/lht1/.
• Teaching about the elements? Consider amusing your students with Tom Lehrer singing the famous anthem of the periodic table at http://www.periodicvideos.com/videos/feature_elements_song.htm.
• No I don’t get any commission, but I personally found the following commercial service for transferring videotape to DVD useful: http://www.imemories.com/kodakstore/momsb/.
• The physics department at Berkeley has put up webcasts of their colloquia from the past 5 years at http://www.physics.berkeley.edu/index.php?Itemid=223&id=37&option=com_content&task=view.
• Still using the Eudora email client (as I am)? Check out its open source development in Thunderbird at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Eudora_OSE.
Disclaimer- The articles and opinion pieces found in this issue of the APS Forum on Education Newsletter are not peer refereed and represent solely the views of the authors and not necessarily the views of the APS.