Spring 2012 Newsletter
Paul J. Dolan, Jr., Editor
In this Issue
From the Chair, Chandralekha Singh
From the Editor, Paul Dolan
About the FEd Session at APS April 2012 Meeting, Renee Diehl
Call for Nominations: Awards and Fellowships, Larry Woolf
2011 APS Fellows Nominated by the Forum on Education, Larry Woolf
- "High School Physics, First or Last, Must Be Mathematical," Stewart E. Brekke
- "Necessities for improving STEM education" George O. Zimmerman
- "Is the textbook obsolete?" Peter Lindenfeld and Suzanne White Brahmia
- "A Course to Prepare Physics Students for the Research Laboratory," David G. Haase, Hans Hallen, and David P. Kendellen
- "Astronomy Outreach Adventures in Rural Guatemala!" Linda Strubbe.
- "An Introduction to PIRA" Dale Stille
- "Answer to Challenge to the Readership" Paul Dolan.
- From the Editor of the Teacher Preparation Section, John Stewart
- "The Boston University PhysTEC Program" Andrew Duffy
- "Physics Learning Communities, Teacher Scientist Alliances, and Local Physics Alliances: Professional Development whose Time has Come Again" Jacob Clark Blickenstaff.
- "University of Arkansas Case Study: Teaching, Research, and Advising" Gabriel Popkin
Browsing the Journals Carl Mungan.
Web Watch Carl Mungan.
Disclaimer- The articles and opinion pieces found in this issue of the APS Forum on Education Newsletter are not peer refereed and represent solely the views of the authors and not necessarily the views of the APS.