Virtual Pressroom 2010
52nd Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Plasma Physics
Press & Media
Monday - Friday
November 8 - 12, 2010
Hyatt Regency Hotel
2010 Plasma Physics ResearchMajor achievements in plasma research this year include:
- Significant performance improvements in magnetically confined fusion experiments around the world
- Success in understanding the formation of large plasma structures on the Sun
- The manipulation of relativistic effects for the creation of transparent windows through plasmas
- Full 192 beam operation of the National Ignition Facility
- Success in understanding the physics of rapid conversion of magnetic energy into energized particles.
Highlighted Plasma Physics Papers
Over 1800 papers covering the latest advances in plasma-based research and technology were presented at the 2010 APS DPP Annual Meeting. Highlighted below are some of the particularly newsworthy presentations.All press releases are in PDF () format.