Chair: Sanat Kumar (2015-2016)
The DPOLY Education Committee is responsible for the arranging and organizing the Padden Award. The Education Committee consists of the Vice-Chair, the Division Councilor, the Program Chair and two or more members appointed by the Chair, upon recommendation of the Executive Committee, to a one-year term. The Vice-Chair serves as Chair of the Education Committee. The Education Committee solicits suggestions for topics and instructors for short course to be sponsored by the Division, evaluates the suggestions and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee. The Education Committee oversees presentation of short course.
- Padden Award nominations are due by the APS March Meeting deadline.
- Padden Finalists are selected by the Education Committee in the beginning of December before the Sorter’s meeting.
- Padden Award winner is selected by the Education Committee at the March Meeting after the Padden Symposium and awarded at the DPOLY Business Meeting.
- The short course selection occurs at the executive committee meeting in March.
- Short course description is finalized by June.