In this Issue
- Important dates
- Graduate Student Travel Awards
- DCMP/DMP/DCOMP/DCP Fellows and Award Winners Reception at 2010 March Meeting Portland
- 2009 APS Fellows and 2010 Fellowship Nominations
- DCP Elections for 2010-11 Officers
- DCP Business Meeting at 2010 March Meeting Portland
- The big Psi_k-2010 Conference
Child Care grants through APS Deadline: 15 Jan 2010
APS March Meeting Registration deadline (lower fees): 15 Jan 2010
Nomination deadline for 2010 APS Fellowship through DCP: 01 Feb 2010
APS March Meeting Housing deadline: 10 Feb 2010
APS March Meeting Late Registration deadline (higher fees): 11 Feb 2010
Dependent Child Care Award applications through DCP deadline: 17 Feb 2010
In the fall, the DCP offered Graduate Student Travel Awards for students who become members of the DCP and present in a DCP-sponsored session. We are pleased to announce the 4 winners of the 2010 DCP GSTA competition:
- David Long, Division of Chemistry, California Institute of Technology
- Iffat Nayyar, The College of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida
- Barratt Park, Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Sylvestre Twagirayezu, Department of Chemistry, University of Akron
Please congratulate our GSTA winners when you see them at the meeting!
At this year's APS March Meeting, the DCP will join with the DCOMP, DCMP, and DMP to recognize fellowship and award recipients from our divisions. The reception will be on Tuesday, March 16, from 5:30PM - 7:00PM in the Hilton Grand Ballroom I. Hope to see you all there, to congratulate our award and fellowship winners!
The DCP is pleased to congratulate the newest APS fellows elected through the division:
We encourage the nomination for fellowship of deserving candidates. Nominations for 2010 APS Fellowship to be considered by the DCP Fellowship Committee should be made before the deadline, which will be 1 February 2010. Instructions for submitting a nomination for consideration next year are included on the APS web site.
The DCP is pleased to announce the results of our divisional officer election:
Vice-chair (03/10-03/11): Don Truhlar
Secretary/Treasurer (03/10-03/13): David Leitner
Member at large (03/10-03/13): David Nesbitt
Congratulations to our newest officers!
7:00 PM in the Council Suite of the Portland Hilton.
All are welcome!
Ref: Psi_k-2010 - Conference
Berlin, Germany, September 12 - 16, 2010
The next big "Psi-k conference" will take place in Berlin in September 2010. Detailed information can be found on the above noted web site.
As the three previous Psi_k conferences (1996, 2000, 2005), Psi_k-2010 will cover theoretical and computational research of electronic structure and properties of matter, ranging from novel basic concepts and methods to applications for condensed matter and real functional materials to systems of biological interest.
We will have 5 plenary talks, 110 invited talks, and many contributed talks and posters. We will create an atmosphere for hard and enjoyable work, but we will also make sure that you get an impression of the vibrant city and night life in Berlin.
Please observe the deadlines, as they are strict:
- Deadline to compete for the for "Psi_k Volker Heine Young Investigator Award" (for excellence of research in all fields involving electronic structure calculations): April 15, 2010
- Abstract submission deadline: May 1, 2010
- Some financial support is available. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2010
- Early registration deadline: June 1, 2010
Looking forward to seeing you in Berlin in September next year.
With best wishes
Matthias Scheffler (conference chair)