- Advance notice of programs of invited and contributed presentations for the APS March meeting.
- Announcements of other divisional functions and of news of the field through periodic newsletters, email announcements, and the DCP homepage on the world wide web.
- Eligibility to be considered for APS Fellowship by the DCP Fellowship Committee.
- Opportunity to serve the Division and the APS through elected offices and appointed committees of the Division
- Opportunity for graduate students of advisors who are DCP members to apply for travel awards to the APS March Meeting.
Divisional status within the APS is recognition of the stature of the field of chemical physics within the physics community. In addition, divisional status provides the field with direct representation on the APS Council. The APS periodically reviews its criteria for units to retain their divisional status, including number of members. Increasing DCP membership is crucial to preserving this important professional asset.
Already an APS Member? Join DCP