Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Researcher Travel Awards
APS Division of Chemical Physics New Investigator Travel Awards of up to $500 are available for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers within two years of their Ph.D. who present a paper at one of the DCP Symposia at the APS March Meeting. Eligible expenses include reduced rate air fare or car travel, registration, economy room and board for the duration of the meeting.Criteria:
- The work must be of significance suitable for a national APS meeting and is being submitted to one of the DCP sponsored symposia.
- The applicant cannot have previously received a DCP-GSTA award.
- The applicant must be a member of DCP. Applicants who are not currently members can still apply, but they must join both APS and DCP before their check will be issued.
- Postdoctoral researchers must be within 2 years of their Ph.D. at the time of the APS March Meeting.
- Preference will be given to applicants for the DCP Doctoral Thesis Award.
Application:The applicant should send the following to the E-mail address indicated below:
- A draft of the abstract describing the work that will be presented in one of the DCP symposia at the APS March Meeting. The applicant should state in which symposium the work will be presented.
- Name of school, department and faculty advisor; date Ph. D. is expected or has been received; contact information.
- A list of estimated expenses.
The travel award application deadline for the 2015 March Meeting is October 24, 2014. This is a rigid deadline for when applications must be received. Decisions will be made prior to the APS deadline to submit abstracts to the meeting, which is November 14, 2014. The amount of individual awards will be based on total available funds and estimated expenses.
Applications should be sent to:
Prof. Robert Gordon