Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Researcher Travel Awards
- The work must be of significance suitable for a national APS meeting and is being submitted to one of the DCP sponsored symposia.
- The applicant cannot have previously received a DCP-GSTA award.
- The applicant must be a member of DCP. Applicants who are not currently members can still apply, but they must join both APS and DCP before their check will be issued.
- Postdoctoral researchers must be within 2 years of their Ph.D. at the time of the APS March Meeting.
Application:The applicant should send the following to the E-mail address indicated below:
- A draft of the abstract describing the work that will be presented in one of the DCP symposia at the APS March Meeting. The applicant should state in which symposium the work will be presented.
- Name of school, department and faculty advisor; date Ph. D. is expected or has been received; contact information.
- A list of estimated expenses.
The travel award application deadline for the 2013 March Meeting is October 12, 2012. This is a rigid deadline for when applications must be received. Decisions will be made prior to the APS deadline to submit abstracts to the meeting, which is November 9, 2012. The amount of individual awards will be based on total available funds and estimated expenses. Send applications to David Leitner.
Applications may be sent to:
If you know a student who would benefit from this opportunity, please bring it to her or his attention.