Dependent Child Care Award
The Dependent Child Care Award (DCCA) provides dependent child care awards for DCP members attending APS National Meetings. Awards from the fund may be used by recipients for dependent care at a conference, or at an alternative location (including at home), and may include those expenses incurred in transporting a caregiver.
As many as three awards will be made.
- The DCP member must present work of significance suitable for a National APS meeting. The presentation should be in a DCP sponsored oral session.
- The DCP member must show need for dependent care.
- Submit an abstract for the presentation directly to APS as well as a copy to the DCP-DCCA committee chair listed below.
- Provide a description of the dependent child care situation including name, age, and home address of the dependent(s) receiving child care to justify the award.
- Provide a detailed budget, up to $500, showing how the dependent child care award will be used. This should include information about travel and accommodations for the dependent(s) (and possibly the caregiver) if relevant to the budget, as well as a description of the planned care (the provider’s name, the provider’s relationship to the applicant, the location of the care, hourly cost, etc.)
The application deadline is February 17. This is a rigid deadline for when applications must be received. Decisions will be made quickly so that any unsuccessful applicants may, if they wish, withdraw their abstract before it is published in the APS bulletin.
Applications should be sent to:
Prof. David Nesbitt