Child Care Award
APS Division of Chemical Physics Child Care Awards of up to $500 are available for DCP members attending APS national meetings. Awards may be used by recipients for dependent care at the meeting or at an alternative location (including at home), including expenses incurred in transporting a caregiver.
- The DCP member must present work of significance suitable for a national APS meeting. The presentation should be in a DCP-sponsored oral session.
- The DCP member must show need for dependent care.
The following material should be submitted in a single pdf file:
- A copy of the abstract that was submitted for presentation at an APS national meeting.
- Name, age, and home address of the dependent(s) receiving child care.
- A detailed budget up to $500, showing how the award will be used. This should include information about travel and accommodations for the dependent(s) (and possibly the caregiver), as well as a description of the planned care (the provider’s name, the provider’s relationship to the applicant, location of the care, hourly cost, etc.)
The application deadline for the March Meeting 2017 is November 1, 2016. Decisions will be made quickly so that any unsuccessful applicants may, if they wish, withdraw their abstract before it is published in the APS bulletin. As many as three awards will be made.
Applications should be sent to:
Prof. Robert Gordon