Timeline of Important DBP Yearly Events
Chair of Each Committee:
Program Chair -> Chair-Elect of the Division
Tutorial Chair -> Vice-Chair of the Division
Fellowship Chair -> Vice-Chair of the Division
Election Chair -> Past Chair of the Division
- ~3/15 March Meeting
- Membership Drive
(Application forms from chairs, whatever it takes!)
- Executive Committee Meeting: DBP Chair
- Business Meeting: DBP Chair
- Chair & ExCom select Fellowship Committee Members. S-T notifies APS by 3/31.
- Decide recipients & amount of student travel grant.
- 3/25 S-T announces recipients of student travel grant & notify APS.
- 4/1 Fellowship nomination deadline.
- 4/16 Submit materials to be published to editor of The Biophysicist
(Meeting highlights, New ExCom Members, new Fellows, Fellowship Committee)
- 4/20 Web site updated
(new ExCom members, Fellowship Committee, Recipients of student travel grant)
- 4/22 Requests for symposium / focus session proposals go out to membership.
- 4/25 S-T submits ExCom Meeting Minutes.
- 5/1 Tutorial selection process is started by Tutorial Chair.
- 5/15 DBP Prize Committee selected
(at APS level, odd years only)
- 5/31 Tutorial topics and descriptions due to APS
- 6/1 Fellowship Committee reports to ExCom for approval of list
- 6/1 Election Nominating Committee formed:
Chair appoints 4, APS appoints 1. APS notified.
- 6/10 Submit materials to be published to editor of The Biophysicist
(Business Meeting Minutes, Election Committee)
- 6/14 Web site updated
- 6/15 Fellowship nominations to APS
- 6/16 Election Committee: Identify 2 candidates for Councillor
(heap years only)
- 6/25 Final sorting categories from units due to firstname.lastname@example.org, including focus session topics.
- 6/30 DBP Prize Submission deadline
(odd years only).
- 7/1 Symposium submissions to Program Chair for consideration.
Program committee ranks symposia and swapping with other divisions begins.
- 7/7 S-T to receive Councillor candidates’ CV & statements
- 7/15 Ballots for Councillor election sent
- 7/23 Focus session descriptions + contact information of session organizer due
~7/31 Ballots for Councillor tallied
- 8/10 Submit materials to be published to editor of The Biophysicist (result of Councillor election)
- ~8/15 S-T notifies APS elected Councillor
- 8/20 Website updated
- 9/15 Candidates solicited for new ExCom members election. Obtain candidates’ CVs & statements.
- 10/4 Deadline for submission of invited sessions from unit program chairs via the web-site form
- 10/5 Registration fee waivers and honoraria to APS
- 10/12 S-T to receive candidates & statements from election committee
- ~10/16 DCMP and March Program Committee Meets/invited sessions placed
- 10/20 Submit materials to be published to editor of The Biophysicist
(election slate with CVs & statements)
- 10/28 March invited letters sent
(not our duty, ask for copy)
- ~10/30 Election ballots sent
- ~11/30 Election ballots tallied. Committee Chair notifies Winners. S-T notifies APS.
- 12/1 Fellowship solicitation begins
- 12/1 Abstract submission deadline
- 12/10 Submit materials to be published to editor of The Biophysicist
(Aug & Nov election results)
- 12/10-11 Sorters’ Meeting (Friday and Saturday), for Program Committee
- Sort March Meeting abstracts
- Set date and time of Executive Committee Meeting
- Set date and time of Business Meeting
- 12/17 Web site updated with March Program Posted for Committee Review
- 1/3 Final edits of March program due to APS
- 1/7 Students Lunch with the Experts at March Meeting – experts and topics are due
- 1/7 March program goes public, session assignments notices sent to all authors
- 1/14 First proof of Bulletin
- ~1/10 APS Unit Convocation
(Chair, Chair-Elect, Vice-Chair, Sec.-Treasurer)
- 2/1 Chair announces student travel grant application
- 2/7 Second proof of bulletin
(no changes after this date)
- 2/10 Submit materials to be published to editor of The Biophysicist
(student travel grant application announcement)
- 2/20 Chair & S-T set agenda for Executive Committee Meeting & Business Meeting
Last Modified on July 2, 2004 by Dr. Shirley Chan, Secretary-Treasurer, DBP