47th Annual DAMOP Meeting
May 23-27, 2016 • Providence, Rhode Island
DAMOP Student Travel SupportDAMOP is pleased to once again support student attendance at the conference through a limited number of travel grants. Application instructions appear below.
DAMOP thanks the Education Committee for its role in organizing the student grants and other programs at the DAMOP annual meeting.
Education Committee Members for DAMOP 2016:
Ana Maria Rey (EC), JILA, University of Colorado
Marianna Safronova (Vice Chair), University of Delaware
Nathan Lundblad (Chair), Bates College
Applications must be received by Friday, March 18, 2016, 5:00p.m. EDT.
Applying for a Travel Grant
Follow these instructions closely or your message may be lost! Ranking may also drop if there is difficulty extracting the requested information due to deviations from instructions. Higher priority is given to applicants who provide the information exactly as requested.
Email Subject Line
DAMOP Student Travel Support
Email Body Text
Include all of the following information in exactly the order shown:
- Applicant’s Last Name, First Name (separated by comma)
- Priority ranking (see Grant Policies below; enter “Priority 1” if just one eligible applicant)
- Institution name
- Advisor’s Last Name, First Name (separated by comma; do not include titles like Prof.)
- Degree being pursued (such as B.Sc., B.A., M.Sc. or Ph.D.)
- Applicant’s Current Email Address
- Type of your DAMOP presentation—indicate: Talk or Poster or None
- Dates attending DAMOP Meeting (give month and days only; e.g., May 23-27)
- Mailing Address (important: needed for sending the check if it is not ready at the meeting)
Include all the requested application information in a single line.
- Entries must be separated by commas.
- Do not leave out any piece of requested information.
- Give your current email address, making certain that it is operational.
- Do not send attachments.
- Do not use extra characters.
- Do not start out with a salutation such as, "Dear Joseph Tan" or anything similar.
Doe, Jane, Priority 1, MyState University, Kenobi, Ben, Ph.D., JaneDoe@physics.MyStateUniv.edu, Talk, May 23-27, 16734 Englewood Drive, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or PA, 99999, USA
Submit Your Application
Send the single line of information exactly as requested to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who are selected for support will be asked to transmit their U.S. Social Security number (or Tax Payer ID number) directly to the American Physical Society in a secure method in order to receive a student support check at the DAMOP Meeting. Instructions will be given in the award notification from the Secretary/Treasurer.
DAMOP Grant Policies
Please be aware of the following policies. Applications conflicting with these policies are discouraged.
- Typically, DAMOP policy is to support one student per advisor. If multiple applications are submitted by one group/advisor, the individual applications should be prioritized by adding "Priority 1", etc., to the Email text explained above.
- Priority is given to students who have not received support during the last three years and who will be presenting a talk or poster of sufficient quality.
- Priority is given to students who provide the information in the format requested.