48th Annual DAMOP Meeting
June 5-9, 2017 • Sacramento, CA
DAMOP Student Travel Support
DAMOP supports student attendance at its regular meeting through a limited number of travel grants. Application instructions appear below.
DAMOP thanks the Education Committee for its role in organizing the student grants and other programs at the upcoming annual meeting.
Education Committee Members for DAMOP 2017:
Mark Edwards (18) (Chair), Georgia Southern University
Ana Maria Rey (EC), JILA, University of Colorado
Steve Olmschenk (18), Denison University
Applications must be received by Friday, March 24, 2017, 5:00 p.m. EDT.
Applying for a Travel Grant
Applicants should assemble the following information:
- Applicant’s Last Name, First Name
- Priority ranking (see Grant Policies below; enter “Priority 1” if just one eligible applicant)
- Institution name
- Advisor’s Last Name, First Name
- Degree being pursued
- Applicant’s Current Email Address
- Type of presentation at DAMOP—indicate: Talk or Poster or None
- Dates attending DAMOP Meeting (e.g., June 5-9)
- Mailing Address (for sending the award check if it cannot be delivered at the meeting.)
Please prepare the requested information carefully. Ranking may drop or check delivery may be delayed unnecessarily if there is ambiguity, error or difficulty in extracting the requested information. Higher priority is given to applicants who provide the information with clarity and accuracy.
Online Submission of Application
When the necessary information is ready, fill out the online application form. Press the “Submit” button after completing the form; a message appears to confirm your submission. There is opportunity to edit a submitted application during the same session. Send any inquiry to the Secretary/Treasurer: email@example.com.
Students who are selected to receive travel grants will be asked to transmit their U.S. Social Security number (or Tax Payer ID number) directly to the American Physical Society in a secure method. DO NOT email the ID information to anyone. Instructions will be provided in the award notification from the Secretary/Treasurer.
DAMOP Travel Grant Policies
Applications ignoring the following policies are discouraged:
- Awarding is typically constrained by limited funds. DAMOP policy is to support one student per advisor. If more than one student from the same group/advisor are applying for support, each student should indicate his relative priority in the application form. "Priority 1" is the highest and should be used if there is only one eligible applicant from the group.
- Priority is given to students who have not received travel support for the last three Regular Meetings and who will be presenting a talk or poster of sufficient quality.
- Priority is given to students who fill out the application form with clear and consistent information free of errors.