- Steven Chu, LBL, “The Energy Problem: What Can Physicists Do?”
- Francis Everitt, Stanford, “First Results from Gravity Probe B”
- Gerald Gabrielse, Harvard, “New Measurement of the Electron Magnetic Moment and the Fine Structure Constant”
- James E. Hansen, NASA, “The Threat to the Planet: Actions Needed to Avert Dangerous Climate Change”
- Jacqueline Hewitt, MIT, “The 21cm Background: A Probe of Reionization and the Dark Ages”
- Shamit Kachru, Stanford, “String Theory, Branes, and, if you wish, the Anthropic Principle”
- David Spergel, Princeton, “Cosmology After WMAP”
- Steven Vigdor, Indiana,“New Results from RHIC on the Spin Structure of the Proton”
Meeting attendees will be able to register online at the April Meeting starting in early November.
©1995 - 2017, AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
APS encourages the redistribution of the materials included in this newspaper provided that attribution to the source is noted and the materials are not truncated or changed.
Contributing Editor: Jennifer Ouellette
Staff Writer: Ernie Tretkoff