April Meeting 2001 Program Committee Meets
In September the April 2001 Program Committee met to discuss and identify the invited sessions for the upcoming meeting.
Photographed are (clockwise from front left): Joel Moss, DNP; Betsy Beise, CSWP; Richard Deslattes, GPMFC; Jim McGuire, GFB; Martin Lampe, DPP; Ben Bederson, FHP; Steve Smith, FPS; David Ernst, FIP; Bob Wald, GGR and Judy Franz, APS.
Also in attendance were Chuck Dermer, DAP; Stan Wojcicki, DPF; Ron Davidson, DPB; Bunny Clark, COM; and Co-chairs Trevor Weekes and Chris Quigg.
See more information on the APS April Meeting.
April 2001 Plenary Speakers
- David Kestenbaum, National Public Radio: "Bringing Science/Physics to the Public"
- James F. Drake, University of Maryland: "Magnetic Reconnection"
- Natalie Roe, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory: "CP Violation in B Mesons"
- Maria Spiropulu, Fermilab: "In Search of Extra Dimensions"
- David Wark, University of Oxford: "Neutrino Oscillations and the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory"
- Andrew Lange, California Institute of Technology: "The Boomerang Experiment"
- Steve Murray, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics: "Chandra Overview"
- Paul Kwait, Los Alamos National Laboratory and University of Illinois: "Enlayered Photons for Quantum Information"
- Wolfgang Ketterle, MIT: "Atom Wave Amplification"
©1995 - 2014, AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
APS encourages the redistribution of the materials included in this newspaper provided that attribution to the source is noted and the materials are not truncated or changed.
Associate Editor: Jennifer Ouellette