Zero Gravity: The Lighter Side of Science
Why God never received a PhD
- She had only one major publication.
- It was in Hebrew.
- It had no references.
- It wasn't published in a refereed journal.
- Some even doubt he wrote it by himself.
- It may be true that she created the world, but what has she done since then?
- His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.
- The scientific community has had a hard time replicating her results.
- He never applied to the ethics board for permission to use human subjects.
- When one experiment went awry she tried to cover it by drowning her subjects.
- When subjects didn't behave as predicted, he deleted them from the sample.
- She rarely came to class, just told students to read the book.
- Some say he had his son teach the class.
- She expelled her first two students for learning.
- Although there were only 10 requirements, most of his students failed his tests.
- Her office hours were infrequent and usually held on a mountain top.
- No record of working well with colleagues.
©1995 - 2015, AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
APS encourages the redistribution of the materials included in this newspaper provided that attribution to the source is noted and the materials are not truncated or changed.