Workshops & Meetings in 2007
Gender Equity: Strengthening the Physics Enterprise in Universities and National Laboratories
May 6 - 8, 2007
College Park, Maryland
This workshop brought together chairs of 50 major research-oriented academic physics departments as well as 20 to 25 physics-related division directors of major national laboratories. The goal is to double the number of women in physics in the next 15 years by informing, educating and providing chairs of physics departments and physics-oriented national laboratories' division directors the tools necessary for gender equity.
April 14 - 17, 2007
San Francisco, California
- Session E3: "From Post-Doc to Faculty: Obtaining Your First Faculty Position"
Sponsored by the Forum on Graduate Student Affairs Speakers: Bickley, Everett, Yennello
- Session K6: "Enhancing the Physics Enterprise through Gender Equity"
Sponsored by the Committee on the Status of Women in Physics Speakers: Agogino, Rosser, Murnane
- Networking Luncheon for Luncheon for Women in Physics
Co-sponsored with the Division of Particles and Fields
Speaker: Joanne Hewett/Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
March 5 - 9, 2007
- Session J6: "Women in Academic Science: Balancing Career and Children"
Speakers: Coppersmith, Drndic, Lee, Mason, Vollmayr-Lee
- Networking Breakfast for Women in Physics
Co-sponsored with the Forum on Industrial and Applied Physics
Speaker: Lisa Dhar, InPhase Technologies