Archived Workshops & Meetings:
2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004
March Meeting Sessions
- "Agnes Pockels: Life, Letters and Papers"
Christiane A. Helm (Institut fur Physik, Ernst-Moritz-Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
- "100 Years of Monolayers at the Air/Water Interface: Agnes Pockels Scientific Legacy
"Charles Knobler (Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles
- "Katharine B. Blodgett: Aunt, Friend and Physicist"
Katharine Gebbie (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- "70 Years of Built-Up Films: Katharine Blodgett’s Scientific Legacy
"Daniel Schwartz (Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder
- "Feeding – Not Weeding: A Strategy to Grow More Women Scientists
"Mary Pavone (Dartmouth College
- "Recruitment and Retention of Female Graduate Students: What Have We Learned from the APS Climate for Women Program?
"Laurie McNeil (Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
PowerPoint Presentation (UNC web site
- "Gender Differences in the Careers of Former Postdoctoral Fellows
"Gerhard Sonnert (Dept. of Physics, Harvard University
- "What Works for Women in Undergraduate Physics?"
Barbara L. Whitten (Colorado College)
- "Pathways into Science for High-School Girls"
Elizabeth Simmons (Michigan State University)
- "Retention of Young Female Post-Doc Physics Researchers in the UK
"Elizabeth Whitelegg (The Institute of Physics and The Open University
March Meeting Networking Breakfast
- CSWP and the Forum on Industrial and Applied Physics (FIAP) co-sponsored a networking breakfast on March 23, 2004 at the APS meeting in Montreal featuring a talk by Joanna Batstone of IBM on "Transitions and Survival Skills"
March Meeting Survival Skills Workshop
- CSWP offered a half day workshop covering such issues as establishing a scientific identity, combining work and family, and negotiation skills.
April Meeting Sessions
- "Switching Fields in Physics: Finding the Right Job
"Marla Dowell (National Institute of Standards and Technology
- "Science Journalism: Reporting and Writing for Science Today".
Charles Day (Physics Today
- "Science Advising
"Benn Tannenbaum (Federation of American Scientists
- "Critical Behavior of Two Liquids
"Gordon Thomas (New Jersey Institute of Technology