- American Physical Society Sites
- Meetings & Events
- Policy & Advocacy
- Careers In Physics
- About APS
- Become a Member
How many tenure-track or tenured faculty -- male/female?
11 tenure-track or tenured faculty- 8 male and 3 female
How many graduate students-- male/female?
19 graduate students
How many post doctoral associates - male/female?
Is there a family leave policy for graduate students? If so, describe.
A first-time leave of absence of one semester only will normally be granted upon request for students who qualify and will not require an application for readmission to the university
Is there family health insurance for graduate students? If so, is it included in the stipend?
yes. Its additional to the stipend
Please describe why someone applying to graduate school who is interested in a female-friendly department should choose your department.
1. Excellence in education and a scholarly environment in which inquiring and discriminating minds may be nourished.
2. Friendly staff and faculty and great campus on the hill.
3. A traditional HBCU producing the maximum number of African American graduates.
4. Integration of state-of-the-art technology into all aspects of University functions.
Has the institution had a Climate for Women in Physics Site Visit or Gender Equity Conversation?
Updated: October 13, 2009