Human Resources include you and possibly at least one other- a “project manager” – someone to assist you with reserving a room, getting the right AV, PR, setting up the demos, organizing the people as they come in, dealing with fire marshal regulation of size of room, etc.
This person can also be the person who can help keep you or your speaker on time during the lecture and give you a 10 or 5 minute mark so you know to wrap it up.
- to prepare the lecture series
- to promote the lecture series
- to give the lectures – don’t forget to leave time at the end for questions
- AV equipment: computer, LCD, clicker, microphone (do you prefer a clip on, wireless, etc.?)
- laser pointer
- possible demo
- sign up sheet to be emailed more info
- business cards
- Bottle of water
Other than paying for an ad, which might not even be necessary, there probably are no costs associated with the lecture (since you can probably get the room for free at the university)