What doesn’t work
- Work with the community: Work and collaborate with organizations in your area to promote the show (if it is for the public, as opposed to a campus-only show). Promote the show to schools, AAPT, the local chapters of the Girl and Boy Scouts, etc.
- Use large devices
- Use simple devices
- Use familiar devices
- Use audience participation
- Try to change only one parameter during each demo
- Make physics applicable to audience
- Relax, have fun
- Going on too long
- Repeating failing demos
- Being too esoteric/ using too much and/or inappropriate (for the audience) "Physics Speak"
- Letting the audience get out of control