Future of Physics Days T-Shirt Caption Contest
Thanks to Peter Kleeman for the winning submission!
This image was inspired by a popular Neil deGrasse Tyson meme. See Know Your Meme for more information.About Future of Physics Days
Voting is now closed. The winning caption has been selected!
This is your chance to make your mark—literally—on the APS March and April meetings by submitting the winning t-shirt design caption. Future of Physics Days participants who preregister for the March or April meetings will receive FREE t-shirts!
How It Works
Submit your most clever caption in the image comments on the APS Facebook page. The top captions will be posted on Facebook for public voting. The most popular caption will be printed on the Future of Physics Days t-shirts and include a credit to the winner. Captions should be humorous, relate to the physics, and be less than 25 words.
- Caption Submission Deadline: January 15, 2016
- Top Captions Open for Voting: January 20, 2016
- Winner Announced: January 29, 2016
All captions must be posted by January 15, 2016 to be included in the contest. The caption should relate in some way to physics and the image. Offensive or obscene submissions will not be considered.
The winning caption author will allow the American Physical Society (APS) to:
- Modify the caption text to optimize its presentation on a t-shirt. APS will retain ownership of the modified design
- Use the winning caption in other projects related to Future of Physics Days
- Use the caption in other promotional, informational, or instructional materials produced by APS
- Share the design and caption with APS affiliated organizations for use on websites and in printed materials
Email Crystal Bailey (email@example.com).