Graduate Students Lunch with the Experts
When: Sign-up at the meeting beginning Friday, April 4.
Where: APS Registration Desk in the Convention Center.
Attendance is limited to eight students per topic. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sunday, April 6
12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Exhibit Hall A
Graduate students may sign up on-site to enjoy complimentary box-lunch while participating in an informal discussion with an expert on a topic of interest to them. Sign-up will take place at the APS registration desk, and will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Attendance is limited to eight students per topic.
Division of Astrophysics
Lloyd Knox, UC Davis
- Particle Astrophysics
Julie McEnery, NASA Goddard
Division of Particles & Fields
- What Lies Beyond the Top Quark
Robin Erbacher, UC Davis
- The Higgs Boson and the LHC
Mike Tuts, Columbia University
Forum on Physics & Society
- Career Paths in Physics & Society
Valerie Thomas, Georgia Tech
Topical Group on Few-Body Systems
- The Enigma of Mass: Why the Higgs Boson is (Mostly) Irrelevant for Ordinary Matter
Ian Cloet, Argonne National Laboratory
Topical Group on Gravitation
- Numerical Relativity and Gravitational Wave Astronomy of Compact Binary Mergers & Stellar Collapse
Christian Ott, Caltech
- Gravitational-Wave Astronomy and Neutron Star Sources
Jocelyn Read, California State University, Fullerton