- APS Professional Development Resource Guide
Prepared by the APS Committee on Career Development, this guide lists important career resources and choices for today's scientists.
- Postdoc Best Practices
APS has recently approached physics department chairs to ask them how they deal with the problems that many postdocs face. Read an excerpt from the letter to department chairs from former APS Executive Officer Judy Franz, followed by some of the responses.
- Career Breaks/Reentry information about career breaks for scientists and physicists.
- Blewett Scholarship for women returning to physics research careers after an interruption.
- CCPD/FIAP Invited Session: Physics Careers in the Semiconductor Industry
- CCPD Tutorial: Things Your Professors Will Never Tell You
Statistical Talks and Resources organized by the American Institute of Physics.
- Profiles of Physicists in Industry from the Industrial Physicist
- AIP's Physics Success Stories
- Sample Career List from the Villanova Physics Alumni
- Stephen Granade, Getting a Job in Industry [Duke Physics Seminar, March 2004]
- Careers in Science and Engineering: A Student Planning Guide to Grad School and Beyond
- NAS Career Planning Center
- UNC Wilmington: What Can I do with a Major in Physics?