Donate to APS
In its second century of service, the American Physical Society continues to promote the advancement and diffusion of the knowledge of physics. APS achieves these goals by publishing research journals; organizing scientific meetings; implementing education, public affairs and outreach programs; and, recognizing outstanding research and societal accomplishments through prizes and awards.
Funding for these activities is partially dependent on the donations of individual, corporate, foundation and governmental benefactors. Members and other supporters of the American Physical Society contribute to its programs and prizes because they share APS' goals and aspirations.
APS Programs Needing Support
Find out more about the programs that benefit from donor support:
General Program Support (Unrestricted)
Unrestricted gifts provide support where need is greatest in four programs areas:
Education & Diversity, International Affairs, Outreach and Public Affairs.
Improve science education and physics opportunities for all.
- Increase the numbers and improve the science preparation of physics teachers
- Support minorities pursuing graduate and undergraduate degrees in physics
- Conduct New Faculty Workshops
Foster international communication and collaboration between physicists.
- Develop professor and student exchange programs
- Promote human rights for scientists
- Support science diplomacy projects and assist with U.S. visa policies
- Offer training and research travel awards for developing country scientists
Engage people of all ages in the wonders of physics.
- Develop PhysicsQuest kits for young students
- Support the dynamic PhysicsCentral website for the general public
- Provide mini-grants to fund innovative outreach programs
Shape national science policy and foster science communication.
- Increase the public awareness of the role of physics in solving national problems
- Advocate for robust government support for physics research and education
- Bring scientific expertise to bear on important policy issues
Prizes & Awards
Recognize outstanding achievements in research, education and public service.
Questions Regarding Donations?
Director of Development
Phone: (301) 209-3224
Phone: (301) 209-3223